It’s almost Show time! IWGKS is hosting our 23rd Annual Koi and Goldfish Show from 10:00 am to 4:00pm Saturday, August 27th 2016 and as always, everyone is invited. In fact, the IBG is foregoing their normal admission charge and inviting the public to visit the majestic Garden during these hours on the day of the event for free! Mark your calendars.
The Show features a special Trade Show with both wet and dry vendors that cater to our hobby selling various merchandise and Koi fish. The Japanese drummers, Kawa Taiko, are back and will be performing straight-up at noon in front of the Cottage House in the Garden and the Bonsai Club will have many magnificent Bonsai on display as well as will be teaching a free class on Bonsai! And if you are hungry or thirsty, visit any of our food vendors at the Show site.
We’ll also have a few tanks of donated fish available during a low-cost raffle. Most of these young koi were born in our ponds, so they aren’t “show quality” but they’re pretty and make great pets. We will have a mix hardy water lilies available at bargain prices, too.
Below are photos of last year’s raffle fish.
Friday August 26, 2016
- SHOW SET UP 8:00 AM –12:00 PM
- SHOW TANK CONDITIONING 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- FISH ENTRY 2:00 – 6:00 PM
Saturday August 27, 2016
- VENDOR SET-UP 8:00 – 9:00 AM
- SHOW FISH – last minute benching 8:00 – 9:00 AM
- OPENING CEREMONY 10:00 AM
- FISH JUDGING (starts at) 10:10 AM
- IDAHO BOTANICAL GARDEN FREE 10:00 – 4:00 PM
- BONSAI EXHIBIT 10:00 – 4:00 PM
- PUBLIC FISH VIEWING 11:00 – 4:00 PM
- VENDOR SHOW & SALES 10:00 – 4:00 PM
- KAWA TAIKO 12:00 – NOON
- FISH RAFFLE – EVERY 30 MIN 11:00 – 4:00 PM
- AWARDS BANQUET
- CRANE CREEK COUNTRY CLUB 6:30 PM No-host Bar
- Banquet, Judge Presentation, Awards 7:00 – 10:00 PM
- Auction, Raffle, Super Raffle
Sunday August 28, 2016
- FISH CHECK OUT 8:00 – 9:00 AM
- SHOW TAKE-DOWN 8:00 – 11:00 AM
- SHOW PICNIC (off site) 12:00 – 2:00 PM