- This event has passed.
36th Annual PNKCA Convention Comes to Boise in 2022
June 3, 2022 @ 8:00 am - June 5, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$145
IWGKS is hosting the Pacific Northwest Koi Clubs Association convention in 2022! The PNKCA is a regional and international organization, with member clubs in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alberta, and British Columbia. This event will include specialty vendors, presentations, a banquet, and a pond tour.
Discounted rooms are available at the Red Lion Downtowner in Boise. The hotel is holding a block of rooms for us at a greatly reduced price of $109 per night plus tax. Please note that lodging in Boise will be tight, so book your room as soon as possible so that we can grab more rooms if needed before the whole city sells out!
We’ll be updating this page as plans are finalized so stay tuned!
For additional information take a look at the PNKCA Website at PNCKA.com
Every year, PNKCA collects applications for the Koi of the Year Award. Find out more here.
PNKCA Convention 2022
Committee Chair: Katy Shanafelt
2022 Kick-off Banquet
Committee Chair: Katy Shanafelt
Stuff to do at the 2022 Convention
Here’s a list of activities available during the convention. (See the agenda under Forms, below.) Please be aware that some of these activities require registration and a fee. To register, download and print the registration form below, fill in the form, and scan or email a photo of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org You can pay at the convention. It’s not too late to register for the convention or workshops. Contact Katy Shanafelt by email (above) or at 208-283-1814 with questions. The seminars begin at 8:45 Saturday morning. You may still attend- just head to the convention area around 8am and bring a completed registration form. If registering for the pond tour only, just show up at the Red Lion, Sunday, June 5th, 8:15am for the bus. The tour will begin at 8:30 and end approximately 1:30. Lunch is included.
- Friday evening meet and greet, 7-9pm. No-host bar; hors d’oeuvres provided.
- Hands-on workshops– create a cool koi pendant or a bonsai tree!
- Saturday educational seminars. This year’s topics and speakers are:
- Wes Parker- Koi selection for show stoppers
- Bill Tullis- Growing Them Big- , owner of many Grand Champions.
- Spike Cover- Koi Organization International- Retrofitting ponds
- Vendors for all things pond and koi. The vendor floor will be open to the public Saturday (June 4th) from 9am to 6pm. Are you looking for a new piece of equipment or just starting? Make connections here. Our vendors will include:
- Children of the Sun Koi they’ll be selling some beautiful fish!
- Bonsai display. Courtesy of the Boise Bonsai Society. See some amazing bonsai trees!
- Banquet and awards ceremony. Entertainment by the Kawa Taiko Drummers.
- Raffle and auction. Some great items have been donated!
- Tour of local hobbyists’ ponds. Cruise the Treasure Valley in an air conditioned bus looking at ponds and enjoy a catered lunch.
Sponsor or Donate!
We’re seeking donations for the raffle and auction. Find out more below.
Enameling a Koi Pendant Workshop
Presented by Delia Dante.
Date\Time: Friday, June 3, 2022 from 2 to 5 p.m.
Location: FireFusion Studios @ 1322 Main st, Boise, ID 83702
Create your own custom Koi pendant with professional guidance from Fire Fusion Studios.
Formulated by Jon White with the support of the Boise Bonsai Society. Fri. 11am-12:30 pm – Take home your Tree!
Date\Time: Friday, June 3, 2022 from 11-12:30
Cost: $50 for Plastic pot and $70 for Ceramic pot
Location: Red Lion Downtowner @ 1800 W Fairview Ave, Boise, ID 83702